Copyright © St Patrick’s Church Patterdale 2015
Patterdale School is a small Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School catering for children from four to eleven years of age. There are currently 33 children at the school.
Collective Worship & Religious Education
An act of Collective Worship takes place each day for the whole school. It is a special time in which children have an opportunity to reflect, share thoughts, listen and learn about a variety of issues. They include an element of worship; prayer, song, listening to music or silent contemplation. We follow the Diocesan Guidelines for teaching religious education. It follows a broadly Christian commitment. In addition we also investigate aspects of Judaism, Hinduism, and Islam. We also study a broad range of religious festivals.
The New Minister's Role with Patterdale CofE School
The school has always had a close and special relationship with St Patrick's Church and the Minister. As well as an ex-
Above all we hope that the new Minister will be able to strengthen and further develop the close bond between the School and St Patrick's and provide guidance and leadership with the pastoral care of our children. The partnership within the whole school community and beyond is extremely strong and was described in the recent Church School's inspection as "a triangle of support between school, Church and community".
For more information please visit the Patterdale School Website.
Our School Aims
We want our children to:
1. be confident in:
- being themselves.
- social situations.
- what they have learnt.
- their role in the community near and far
- physical and sporting activity.
2. be happy and fulfilled
3. have a sense of right and wrong, being polite, honest and showing respect and care for others.
4. have the academic skills needed to move onto the next stage in their education.
5. have enquiring minds to be self-
6. be healthy and fit and to know how to stay that way.
7. have an appreciation of Christianity and other faiths and beliefs.
8. appreciate their environment, local and global.
9. have happy memories of Patterdale School.